2011年11月10日星期四

My very first wikipedia editing


It was such an exciting experience to edit on Wikipedia. I found so many interesting choice in the list of stub, that I couldnot decide which one to pick up. I am always want to know more different cultures from various area, so I chose the "Culture". My studying majo, rFood and Nutrition, made me clik on "Food and Drinks". After comparing each of thes subtitle and recall what I learnt in the Univeristy last year, I would love to add more information in the "Natural Brown Sugar" artileI would have a better knowledge about these intergradients.

The editing process had much more fun than I expected. First of all, instead of giving more accurte and attractive information which I am going to share with the wikipedia community, I have to do some "homework". So I looked up into my last year's Nutrition 100 text book, highlighted these Nutral Brown Sugar related text. Secondly, I searched online to see if I can get more valued article about Natural Sugar. Several amazing websits came out, such as "Sugar India, Canesugar Specialsts Science 1932" and "NB Community, Natural Skin Care Recipes". It was good to know that Natural Brown Suagr is catergorized as "Healthy Food" which was produced without any harmful chemical process. Additionally, they contains valuable nutrients such as Calcium, Phosphate and Iron etc. What's surprising to find was that Nutral Brown Suagr can be used not only as intergradients in food (http://www.sugarindia.com/rebrown16.html) but also as skin care. You can have homemade facial scrubs which is cheap, natural and healthy. How could I not share this great news with everyone!

So I started my editing. The typing and the editing part was not that hard. Yet, the link making annoyed me. At the very first place, I didn't have any idea about how to make couple words contains a link. By looking at the previous text, they all have different highlighted words which linked with the further helpful website. I tried to solve this problem through making phonecalls and asking some people who were experienced in dealing with computer. However, I ended up with failing. Then I decided to go on the website and google "How to make link while editing wikipeida". Combing couple websites teaching and went through what the previous editor did in his/her editing, I figured out that there's a sequence of code and  symbols that I have to type within the article. Seeing my success in making a link of several words in my editing, I believe I did a great job!

Here's my edited article about the "Nutural Brown Sugar" and I uploaded this picture from my flicker.
Also, I tagged my photo as for;ALES204, Natural Brown Sugar and wikipedia editing.

While I am so happy about my work in wikipedia, I want to go through others blog about this article too. However, I haven't find someone who has done it already, seems I am at the head :-) Yet, some people do have amazing blog that I love their arrangment very much. Such as Jamie Desautels, she has great pictures that she got from daily life which is very impressive and attractive. I would love to have my camera with me all the time too! I can always learn something new through others' blogs which is fun and practical.


1 条评论: